Hair Loss Causes and it’s Treatment
Hair loss or baldness is when a person loses hair from body or the head and this condition is known as alopecia medically.
Causes of Hair Loss
Hair loss in men is more common than in women and it is a proven fact. However, hair loss and thinning of hair for women also happens a lot. There can be many reasons for what actually causes hair loss and some of them are mentioned as follows:
- Physical trauma such as any accident or any severe illness including flu can cause hair to fall temporarily.
- Hair loss due to stress is also extremely common
- Pregnancy related hair loss is also found to be very common due to physical stress. Post-partum hair loss is seen very often because giving birth is considered to be very traumatic and therefore hair loss after delivery is quite common.
- Having excess of vitamin A supplements can also lead to hair fall.
Hair Loss Treatments
- Minoxidil should be used by women who are facing hair thinning due to hereditary problems. However, there are some side effects which they should be aware about before taking them.
- Surgery is another option for which surgeons can be consulted who specialize in hair transplantation.
- Biotin – It is a vitamin commonly found in very small amounts in the food we eat. It is most used in the treatment and prevention of biotin deficiency which is associated with a lot of problems like malnourishment, pregnancy, quick weight loss and long term tube feeding. It is also used orally for brittle nails, diabetes and mild depression. Usage of biotin for hair loss is also very common.
- Vitamin A and E supplements for hair loss are also very common as they help promote the growth of healthy hair. They also help from drying and then causing breakage. Vitamin A can be found in carrots, peaches, cod oil, spinach etc. Vitamin E can be found in nuts, soybeans, leafy greens etc. Vitamin E can be taken by mouth or can even be applied topically.
Home Remedies for Hair Loss
- Massage your hair with oil – Massage your hair with coconut oil, almond oil, amla oil or egg oil. Oiling is a very good way stop hair loss.
- Use of rose petals – They are nourishing and soothing the scalp and will increase blood flow in addition to reducing excessive hair fall and also add volume to hair.
- Fenugreek – It is one of the best treatments for hair loss. It stimulates growth of hair because nicotinic acid and protein both are present in the seeds. They also contain some hormone antecedents which rebuild hair follicles and help grow hair.
- Onion Juice is another hair loss help solution because it contains high amounts of Sulphur which increases blood circulation to scalp and hair follicles and regenerates them.
- Aloe Vera – It promotes growth of healthy hair because of the enzymes present in it. It brings to hair and scalp to the ideal pH level due to its alkalizing properties and this eventually promotes growth of healthy hair.
- Licorice root – It is an herb that prevents loss of hair and more damage to hair. It has soothing properties which opens up the pores and soothes the scalp.
A healthy and balanced diet along with vitamin supplements and some exercise will help prevent hair fall and treat damaged hair. It will also treat hair follicles to and promote the growth of healthy hair.